Tuna with Cannellini Salad
A refreshing light entree that’s a snap to prepare-especially if you stock your freezer with cooked beans.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseappetizer, main course, side dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Type of Dishsalad
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans, drained
- 1 7-ounce can water packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 cups spinach leaves, rinsed and well drained
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, scallions, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cannellini beans and tuna.
Serve on a bed of spinach leaves, surrounded by tomato wedges.
Read NextClassic Lobster Roll
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang