Sam Choy's Island Flavors: Cook Your Way to Paradise with More Than 200 Delicious Recipes from Hawaii's Master Chef
Published by Hyperion
Total Timeunder 2 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Taste and Texturefruity, herby, sweet
Type of Dishmarinades
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 3 cups diced fresh papaya
- ½ cup fresh cape gooseberries (ground cherries) (optional)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- Fresh mint or spearmint, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon prepared horseradish or to taste (optional)
In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except the mint. Bring to a boil, then simmer—stirring every 5 minutes to avoid scorching—for 1 hour or until the mixture reaches jam consistency.
Last, fold in the fresh mint to taste. Horseradish may be added if desired.
1999 Sam Choy, U'I and Steven Goldsberry
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.