Three Bean Salad
This traditional recipe is sometimes made with yellow (wax) beans in place of the limas.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Type of Dishsalad
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked fresh green beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked fresh lima beans, drained
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (generous 1/3 cup)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar to taste, mustard, salt, and black pepper.
Stir in the kidney, green, and lima beans, bell pepper, and scallions. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to marinate before serving.
Read NextClassic Lobster Roll
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang