Thousand Island Dressing
There is no need to limit this dressing to salads; it goes particularly well with seafood. Good with shrimp cocktails or salads containing shrimp, crabmeat, or avocado.
Prepare ahead: The dressing can be made 2 days in advance, covered and refrigerated.
Preparation Time - Text 15 mins
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecreamy, tangy
Type of DishCondiments, dipping sauce, seafood sauce
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of hot red pepper sauce
Combine the mayonnaise, bell pepper, shallot, pickles, ketchup, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, and mix well. Season with the hot pepper sauce.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.
2008 Dorling Kindersley