Thai Green Chicken Curry
Use Thai curry paste, available at Asian markets and many supermarkets, to make this quick and flavorful dish. Good with a bowl of long-grain rice or plain noodles.
Prepare ahead: This dish can be cooked in advance and reheated.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 mins
Cooking Time10 min
Cooking Time - Text10
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursemain course
Taste and Texturecreamy, hot & spicy, savory, umami
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 5 oz (140g) each, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tsp Thai green or red curry paste (or more for a spicier sauce)
- 14 fl oz (400ml) can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 large white button mushrooms, wiped and chopped
- 6 scallions, trimmed, green part only, cut into ¼ in (5mm) slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the curry paste.
Add the coconut milk and soy sauce, and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat, and stir in the mushrooms, and most of the scallions. Simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the chicken is tender, and the juices run clear when pierced with the point of a knife. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot, garnished with the cilantro and remaining scallions.
2008 Dorling Kindersley