Strawberry Cashew Cream
Spoon some of this irresistible topping onto pies or short cakes, or use it as cake frosting.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, vegan, vegetarian
Equipmentblender, food processor
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecreamy, fruity, nutty, rich, sweet
Type of Dishdessert
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup vanilla soymilk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed
Place the cashews in a food processor and grind to a meal.
While the processor is running, gradually add the soymilk through the opening at the top. Then add the maple syrup and vanilla. When the mixture is well blended, add the strawberries, and continue to blend until the mixture has the consistency of whipped cream.
Taste and more maple syrup, if desired.
For A Change:
• Use cherries or blackberries instead of strawberries.
• Substitute almonds for the cashews, and increase the soymilk to ½ cup
• Replace the fresh strawberries with frozen. The consistency will be more like a sauce, but still very tasty.
2005 Leslie Cerier