Serve these shrimp as a first course or on the ends of long bamboo skewers as an appetizer.
10 portions as an hors d’oeuvre; 4 to 6 as an appetizer
Total Timeunder 4 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party, Cocktail Party, Cooking for a date, game day
Recipe Coursecold appetizer, hors d'oeuvre, tapas/small plates
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, low carb, peanut free, soy free
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturebuttery, garlicky, herby, juicy, savory, spiced
Type of Dishskewer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1¾ pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
In a large skillet over low heat, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes without browning.
Add the shrimp, increase the heat slightly, and cook until the shrimp are just done, about 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper and toss well. Transfer to a bowl, scraping in all the sauce.
Add the lemon juice and dill; toss together well. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving. Adjust the seasonings and serve.
1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 2007 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins