Shaved Zucchini and Radish Salad over Smoked Salmon with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
Published by Hyperion
Raw zucchini doesn’t have a ton of flavor, but its texture is really delicate, so it’s perfect for this salad.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursecold appetizer
Dietary Considerationgluten-free, healthy, lactose-free, low carb, peanut free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturecrunchy, herby, savory, tangy
Type of Dishfirst course salad
- 2 zucchini, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 bunch radishes, rinsed, tops and tails trimmed, and sliced as thinly as possible
- Small handful dill fronds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 15 to 20 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill fronds
Use a peeler to shave the zucchini lengthwise on each side until you start to hit the seedy middle part.
Lay a couple of pieces of smoked salmon in the middle of a plate. Top the salmon layer with a heap of shaved zucchini, radish slices, and dill fronds.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle the dressing over the top of each salad.
2006 David Lieberman