Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe CourseMain Course
Dietary ConsiderationDiabetic, Low Carb
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and TextureLight, Savory
Type of DishMain Course Salad
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (mustard powder)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (any combination of chervil, parsley, chives, tarragon, and marjoram)
- 1 head oak leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- ¼ pound green beans, stem-ends trimmed, cooked
- ¼ pound yellow beans (wax beans), stem-ends trimmed, cooked
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- 12 cooked new potatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (7-ounce) cans Italian-style tuna fish packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, washed and drained
- 8 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and patted dry
Prepare the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk the vinegar, mustards, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil until the vinaigrette is creamy. Stir in the herbs. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Chill all the ingredients for the salad before combining.
Place all the ingredients, except the anchovies, in a large salad bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Arrange the anchovy fillets on top of the salad or mash them into a paste and blend with the vinaigrette before tossing with the salad.
1997 Christopher Idone
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.