Salad for Christmas Eve
NotesJapanese seasoned rice vinegar can be found in the Asian food section of your supermarket.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Taste and Texturecrunchy, fruity, sweet
Type of Dishsalad
- 2 cups sliced beets, freshly steamed or canned
- 1 cup beet juice from cooked or canned beets, or water
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and chopped
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, grated
- 6 packets sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons Japanese seasoned rice vinegar (see Notes)
Combine everything except lettuce, sugar substitute, and vinegar in a large ensaladera-salad bowl; chill.
Just before serving, mix in lettuce, sugar substitute, and vinegar.
1998 Maria Dolores Beatriz