Rigatoni with Wild Boar Salami
Cooking Methodbaking, pan-frying
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursemain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecheesy, meaty, savory
Type of Dishbaked pasta, casserole
- A good lug of olive oil
- 4 ounces wild boar salami
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 14-ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces rigatoni
- A ball of buffalo mozzarella, sliced
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and fry half of your salami until quite crisp. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly until the onion is soft. Add the balsamic vinegar, chopped tomatoes, crème fraîche and basil. Mix together, season to taste, and simmer for a few minutes.
Cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain, and drizzle over a little olive oil and seasoning. Tip into a baking dish, pour over the sauce and give everything a stir.
Lay the mozzarella slices over the top with the rest of the salami. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until golden.
2016 Jamie Oliver