Capers and herbs enliven this mayonnaise-based sauce, which will give a snappy edge to fish, seafood, and vegetables.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Dietary Considerationpeanut free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Taste and Textureherby, rich, tangy
Type of Dishseafood sauce
- ¾ cup homemade or commercial mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 green onion (white part only), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and white pepper
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, chives, parsley; tarragon, capers, green onion, and garlic. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 4 days.
2005 Lou Seibert Pappas