Potatoes Roasted with Garlic Cloves
Published by Ecco
The blanching step helps develop the crusty, crunchy texture that makes these irresistible. (No one ever had to tell you to finish your potatoes, did they?)
Total Timeunder 1 hour
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party
Recipe Courseside dish
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecrunchy, garlicky, herby, savory
- 6 large waxy potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves but not peeled
- 1 bunch rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Blanch in the boiling water for 2 minutes; drain.
Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and toss with the garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread out on the baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot.
2005 Mario Batali