Sauce with Chile Sharp as A Rooster’s Beak
A sauce for the brave at heart. More picante than its primo hermano-first cousin, red sauce, which is described later in this section-it probably will enchilar-burn your tongue. If this happens, do not drink water; put a few grains of soothing salt on your tongue.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together, game day
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Taste and Textureherby, hot & spicy, light
Type of Dishsalsa, sauces
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2-4 fresh serrano chiles (small green), seeded, cored, and minced
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients just before serving.
1998 Maria Dolores Beatriz