Papaya with Shrimp and Yogurt-Dill Dressing
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursecold appetizer
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturefruity, savory
Type of Dishfirst course salad
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade or high-quality store-bought
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea or kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, and sliced into about 16 (1-inch) strips, (reserve some of the seeds)
Prepare the sauce: Combine all the ingredients, cover, and chill.
Shell the shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Refrigerate.
Divide the sliced papaya among 4 serving plates. Place the shrimp over the papaya and drizzle with the yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with some of the reserved papaya seeds. Serve chilled.
1997 Christopher Idone