Quick to make and great for sharing.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 mins
Cooking Time5 min
Cooking Time - Text5
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionFamily Get-together, game day
Recipe Coursehot appetizer, snack
Mealdinner, lunch, snack
Taste and Texturecheesy, crunchy, hot & spicy
- 7 oz (200g) tortilla chips
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp drained and chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1½ cups sour cream
Position the broiler rack about 8 in (20cm) from the source of heat and preheat.
Spread the tortilla chips on a large heatproof platter. Sprinkle the tomatoes, scallions, jalapeños, and cheese over the chips.
Broil for about 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with avocado and cilantro. Serve hot, with sour cream passed on the side.
2008 Dorling Kindersley