Marinated Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Calendula Flowers
These tomatoes are one of my kitchen staples. I add them to pizza, roast them with vegetables and beans, blend them into pesto, and toss them in stir-fries and salads.
NotesWhen adding edible flowers to salads or sandwiches, choose only varieties that come from an organic garden, have been grown in the wild, or come in a package labeled “pesticide-free”. They are the safest to eat and the most flavorful.
Cooking Methodcanning, preserving
Total Timeunder 4 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Taste and Textureherby, savory, sharp
Type of DishCondiments
- 1½ cups sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar or wine
- 5 cloves garlic thickly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 calendula flower heads (see Notes)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil Basil Oil or Garlic Basil Oil
Place the tomatoes and vinegar in a bowl. Stirring occasionally, marinate for two hours, or until the tomatoes absorb most of the vinegar and soften.
Add the garlic, basil, and oregano. Toss in the calendula flowers whole, or gently remove the petals before adding them to the bowl along with the flower centers. Mix the ingredients well.
Transfer the mixture to a clean pint jar, and add enough oil to cover.
Store in the kitchen pantry, where it will keep for at least a year.
For A Change:
• Substitute garlic chive flowers or coarsely chopped garlic scapes for the garlic cloves.
• Layer the ingredients directly in the jar, instead of mixing them in a bowl first.
• Add 1 tablespoon fresh thyme to the mixture.
• Omit the calendula flowers.
Read NextTranslucent Sugar Glaze
2005 Leslie Cerier
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Nov 15, 2015
http://www.webgardha.com/6140/%DA%A9%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7-%DA%AF%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%87%DB%8C-%D9%85%D9%81%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%87%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D9%BE%D9%88%D8%B3%D8%AA%DB%8C calendula-?????????-?????? ????-??? ?????-??? ?????-????? ??????- ????? ??????-
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.