Maple Baked Beans
The aroma of maple fills your kitchen as these bake.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups cooked Great Northern beans, drained
- 1½ cups apple cider or apple juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar granules or crumbled maple sugar candies
Melt the butter in a 2-quart flameproof casserole or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring constantly, until it is golden, about 5 minutes
Heat the oven to 350° F. Stir the beans, cider, maple syrup, salt, and pepper into the onions. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
Sprinkle the maple sugar over the beans and bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until beans are bubbly and top is crisp.
Read NextClassic Lobster Roll
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang