Lentil and Walnut Salad
This is the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, kosher, lactose-free, low calorie, peanut free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian
Type of Dishsalad
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked lentils, drained
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (generous 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
Stir in the lentils, walnuts, bell pepper, parsley, and scallion. Taste and adjust seasoning.
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang