Lentil and Walnut Salad
This is the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, kosher, lactose-free, low calorie, peanut free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian
Type of Dishsalad
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked lentils, drained
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (generous 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
Stir in the lentils, walnuts, bell pepper, parsley, and scallion. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Read NextClassic Lobster Roll
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang