Lentil and Feta Cheese Salad
There’s something appropriate about pairing feta cheese and lentils—perhaps it’s the mingling of the salty and peppery flavors.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturelight, salty
Type of Dishsalad
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 3 medium firm, flavorful tomatoes, 5 or 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 to 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 to 3 scallion, minced
- ½ cup natural low-fat vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Rinse the lentils and check them for small stones. Combine in a saucepan with 3 cups water and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently until done but still firm, about 30 minutes. Check frequently toward the end of cooking time to make sure the lentils don’t become over-cooked. Drain any excess water from the lentils, and rinse until cooled.
Combine the lentils with the remaining ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
2001 Nava Atlas