Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Textureherby, light, savory, tangy
Type of Dishdry pasta
- 1 pound dried linguine
- Juice of 3 lemons and the grated zest of 1
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 handful of arugula
Cook the linguine in a generous amount of boiling, salted water for about 12 minutes, then drain thoroughly and return to the saucepan.
Meanwhile, beat the lemon juice and zest with the olive oil, then stir in the Parmesan until thick and creamy. Season, and add more lemon juice if needed.
Add the lemon sauce to the linguine and shake the pan to coat each strand of pasta with the sauce. (The Parmesan melts when mixed with the pasta.) Finish by stirring in the chopped basil and the arugula.
2016 Jamie Oliver