The Complete Baking Cookbook: 350 Recipes from Cookies and Cakes to Muffins and Pies
Published by Robert Rose
I use this frosting when the flavor of a cake calls for cream cheese with tropical-island flair.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, peanut free, soy free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturenutty
- 1 package (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (50 mL)
- 2 cups confectioner's (icing) sugar, sifted (500 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (125 mL)
In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, for 3 minutes. Gradually add confectioner's sugar, mixing on low speed until it gathers, about 2 minutes. Increase speed to high and whip until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Fold in vanilla, pecans and coconut by hand.
Read NextTranslucent Sugar Glaze
2007 George Geary