Green Beans in Mustard Sauce
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Taste and Texturerich, sharp
Type of Dishvegetable
- 1 pound green beans, boiled and drained (reserve cooking water)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Green bean cooking water + enough milk to total ¾ cup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mild yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Keep beans warm. Melt butter over moderate heat and blend in flour. Add the ¾ cup liquid and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Mix in remaining ingredients and heat, stirring, 2-3 minutes to blend flavors. Pour sauce over beans, toss lightly to mix, and serve.
1975, 1985 Doubleday/Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing, Inc.