Gingered Coconut Rice
Simple yet gently assertive, serve this with bean dishes and vegetable curries.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Dietary Considerationvegan, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecreamy, garlicky
- One 16-ounce can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1½ cups brown or brown basmati rice
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- Salt to taste
Combine 2 cups water and the coconut milk in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the rice, garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 35 minutes. Season and serve.
2001 Nava Atlas