Sweet and frosty—this is a perfect pick-me-up for the midafternoon blahs.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecreamy, sweet
Type of Dishcoffe
- 1/3 cup (scant 3 oz.) very hot water
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup (scant 3 oz.) chilled water
- 1/3 cup (scant 3 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ice cubes, coarsely crushed
Pour hot water into a blender; add coffee powder. Cover and process at medium speed until coffee is dissolved, about 15 seconds. Add chilled water, milk, and ice cubes; cover and process at high speed until mixture is smooth. Pour into a tall glass; serve with a straw.
2002 Sharon Tyler Herbst