Four-Cheese Rolls with Cherry Tomatoes
Published by Chronicle
Four cheeses meld in an ethereal filling for rolled crêpes. Cherry tomatoes and basil strike a colorful accent. Serve these with snow peas and a salad adorned with grapes or nasturtium blossoms.
Makes8 crêpes; serves 4
Total Timeunder 2 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationpeanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Mealbrunch, dinner, lunch
Taste and Texturecheesy, herby, juicy, rich, savory
- Eight 6- or 7-inch buckwheat galettes or herb crêpes
- 1¼ cups (10 ounces) ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) fresh white goat cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons; grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup gold cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
Prepare the crêpes. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
To make the filling: In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, goat cheese, Gruyère, Parmesan, egg, and nutmeg.
Spoon one-eighth of the filling down the center of each crêpe and make an envelope fold. Arrange in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Brush the tops of the crêpes with the olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Garnish with tomatoes and sprinkle with basil. Serve at once.
1998 Lou Seibert Pappas
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.