Fiesta Bean Salad
This delicious quick-to-prepare bean salad, with its Southwest flavor, fits perfectly on a buffet, at a picnic, or at a barbecue.
NotesNote: Be sure to wash your hands after handling jalapeno peppers. The pepper’s volatile oils could burn your skin or eyes.
8 to 10 servings
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseappetizer, side dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Type of Dishsalad
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked black beans, still warm, drained
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and diced (about ½ cups)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1½ cups cooked corn kernels
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (see note)
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, chopped cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix in the beans, bell pepper, onion, corn, and jalapeno pepper.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang