Easy Mocha Mousse
1500 Best Bars, Cookies, Muffins, Cakes and More
Published by Robert Rose
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Formal Dinner Party
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, high-calcium, kosher, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturechocolatey, creamy, sweet
Type of Dishchocolate dessert, dessert
- 6 oz (175 g) semisweet chocolate
- ½ cup (125 mL) strong brewed coffee
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) confectioner’s (icing) sugar, sifted
- ½ cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) confectioners sugar (icing sugar), sifted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee powder or granules
- ¼ tsp vanilla (1 mL)
- Small bowl, chilled
In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine chocolate and coffee, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour into chilled bowl for faster cooling.
In a small mixer bowl, on high speed, beat cream, slowly adding the confectioners' sugar and beating until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into 4 individual dessert dishes and chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
Prepare the topping: In a small mixer bowl, combine whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, coffee powder and vanilla and beat on high speed until firm peaks form. Spoon over chilled mousse to garnish.
Read NextTranslucent Sugar Glaze
2008 Esther Brody