Makes:20 deviled eggs
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionBuffet, Cocktail Party
Recipe Coursehors d'oeuvre
Dietary Considerationgluten-free, halal, kosher, low carb, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecreamy, savory
- 1 dozen eggs
- ¼ cup homemade Mayonnaise or Hellman's
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- ½ teaspoon finely minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
- Pastry bag fitted with star tube
Place the eggs in a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12 minutes. Set in the sink under cold running water. Crack the shells while the water is still cooling the eggs. When cool, remove the shells.
Cut the eggs lengthwise in half. Remove the yolks to a separate bowl and discard 4 cooked whites.
Mix the yolks with the remaining ingredients. When ready to serve, fill a pastry bag with the yolk mixture and pipe it into the egg whites. Set on a platter and serve.
Read NextFontina and Asparagus Soup