Crab Toasts with Sriracha Mayonnaise
Published by Clarkson Potter
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Cocktail Party, Formal Dinner Party
Recipe CourseHors D'oeuvre
Dietary ConsiderationLactose-free, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free
Taste and TextureCreamy, Hot & Spicy
- 4 slices good sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 8 ounces picked lump crabmeat, preferably peekytoe, picked over for bits of shell
- Crushed red chile flakes, optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
To make the Crab Toasts:
Toast the bread until golden brown. Cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
Gently fold the mayonnaise into the crabmeat until well mixed. Spoon the crab mixture into a serving bowl and set inside a larger serving bowl filled with ice to keep cold if desired. Garnish with chile flakes if desired. Serve with the lemon wedges and toasts.
To Make the Sriracha Mayonnaise:
Whisk together the yolk, mustard, and salt until well blended. Continue whisking while adding the oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the mixture. Whisk in the lemon juice and sriracha until well blended. The mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
2011 Jean-Georges Vongerichten