Serve these, pickled black-eyed peas as an appetizer, a side dish, or a dressing over garden lettuce.
Total Timeunder 2 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseappetizer, side dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas, drained
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (generous 1/3 cup)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper, and cloves.
Stir in the black-eyed peas, bell pepper, and scallions. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to marinate before serving. Serve chilled.
Read NextClassic Lobster Roll
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang