Cottage Cheese Enchiladas
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationegg-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturecreamy, rich, spiced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- ½ teaspoon half salt, half salt-substitute mixture
- 2 chiles chipotles, canned, rinsed and dried, cored and seeded
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon consomme granules
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt
- Few sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 onion rings, raw
Wrap the tortillas in a damp cloth; microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds.
In small bowl, combine cottage cheese with sour cream, parsley, scallions, and salt; mix well; put 1 tablespoon cottage cheese mixture in each tortilla; fold over.
Arrange enchiladas on serving platter.
Puree chiles chipotles with ½ cup water in blender.
Dissolve cornstarch in pureed chiles.
Transfer puree to medium saucepan and simmer over low heat; stir constantly; add tomato sauce and bouillon.
When mixture begins to thicken add yogurt gradually.
Continue stirring until thoroughly blended.
Pour heated sauce over enchiladas.
. Decorate with a sprig of parsley and onion ring.
1998 Maria Dolores Beatriz