Cold Oysters and Lamb Sausage
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturemeaty, savory
- 1 pound lean ground lamb, ground twice
- 1/3 pound pork fat (lard), ground twice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 to 6 oysters per person, freshly shucked
In a mixing bowl, combine the lamb and pork fat with the garlic, parsley, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Using about ¼ cup of mixture for each patty, shape into 12 small round patties about ¾-inch thick. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage patties and reduce the heat to medium. Brown the patties evenly on both sides for about 5 minutes, turning once. The patties should be served medium rare.
Place on paper toweling and pat dry. Serve immediately with the raw oysters.
1997 Christopher Idone