Chocolate Milk Shake "Float"
For the best flavor, use your favorite chocolate to make your milk shake.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text8–10 mins
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Recipe Coursebeverage, dessert
Dietary Considerationhigh-calcium, peanut free, tree nut free
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Mealkid snack, lunch
Taste and Texturechocolatey, creamy, rich, sweet
Type of Dishchocolate dessert, shake
- 2 oz (55g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk, as needed
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Shaved chocolate, for garnish
Combine the chopped chocolate and boiling water in a blender, and process until the chocolate is melted.
Add the chocolate ice cream and about three-quarters of the milk. Process until smooth, adding enough milk to give the milk shake the desired consistency.
Pour into 2 glasses. Top each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with chocolate and serve.
3. Pour into 2 glasses. Top each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with chocolate and serve.
2008 Dorling Kindersley