Chilled Avocado Tomato Soup
This creamy soup is a hearty beginning to any meal.
NotesFOR A CHANGE...
• Add additional toppings, such as diced red bell peppers, diced yellow tomatoes, or diced jicama.
TASTES GREAT WITH...
4 to 6 servings
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together, Formal Dinner Party
Recipe Courseappetizer, main course
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, raw, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Taste and Texturecreamy, garlicky, light, savory
Type of Dishcold soup, soup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, or frozen and thawed
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
To make the topping, place the avocados and cucumber in a medium bowl. Add the cilantro, lemon juice, and sea salt, and mix well. Let marinate for about 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the soup.
Place all the soup ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, adding water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Ladle the soup into bowls, skimming off any foam that may have formed at the top. Scoop a heaping spoonful of topping onto each portion and serve.
2010 Lisa Mann