Chili and Lime Corn
This side dish has lots of flavor, but it won’t overwhelm the main course.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, healthy, lactose-free, low cholesterol, low saturated fat, low-fat, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturegarlicky, savory, spiced, sweet
Type of Dishvegetable
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper (fresh or pickled), minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or pure ground mild chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon finely minced lime zest
1) Heat the oil in a large nonstick Sauté pan. Cook the garlic over low heat until golden. Stir in the jalapeno and scallions and cook briefly. Stir in the chili powder, salt, and cumin and cook for about 30 seconds, until the aroma intensifies.
2) Stir in the corn and zest. Cover and cook until the corn is warmed through and no longer tastes raw. Add 1 tablespoon water if the mixture looks too dry.
1997 Terry Blonder Golson