Chicken, Sweet Corn & Red Pepper Crêpes
Published by Chronicle
Choose these flavor-filled crêpes for a harvest treat. Good accompaniments include coleslaw, tiny green beans, and fresh peaches with vanilla bean ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Makes8 crêpes; serves 4
Total Timeunder 2 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationpeanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Mealbrunch, dinner, lunch
Taste and Texturecheesy, herby, savory
- Eight 6- or 7-inch savory crêpes
- ½ onion
- One ½-inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ears fresh white or yellow corn
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 shallot or green onion (include half the green tops), chopped
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) ricotta cheese
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Jarlsberg or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, or ½ teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare the crêpes.
Place ½ inch water in a large skillet. Add the onion, salt, and ginger and bring just to a simmer over low heat. Add the chicken and poach until just opaque throughout, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the liquid, let cool, and dice.
Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and sauté the corn, peppers, and shallot or green onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and mix in the ricotta, shredded cheese, garlic, sage, salt and pepper to taste, chicken, and vegetables.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spoon ½ cup of filling onto the center of each crêpe and fold like an envelope to enclose the filling. Arrange the crêpes in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish, brush them with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through. Serve at once.
1998 Lou Seibert Pappas
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.