Carmine’s Bread Crumbs
There is no place for ordinary bread crumbs in Italian cooking. That’s why we have our own version that we use as breading to top baked pasta dishes and other house specialties—anywhere a soft bread-crumb topping is called for.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Dietary Considerationhalal, kosher, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturegarlicky, savory
- 1 pound sliced white bread, chopped in a food processor
- 2¾ cups grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and toss thoroughly to incorporate. These bread crumbs are best used the same day, but will last up to 3 days if refrigerated.
2014 by Carmine’s Broadway Feast Corporation