Caesar Salad Dressing
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Dietary Considerationgluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturecreamy, garlicky, tangy
Type of Dishdressing
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets or 1 heaping teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup safflower or olive oil
Before making the dressing, fill a small pot with cold water and bring to a boil. Add the egg in the shell, turn off heat, and cook for 2 minutes. Separate the egg and discard the white.
Combine the salt, pepper, garlic, anchovies, Dijon, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and vinegar in a blender and process until smooth. Add the oil and pulse a few times. Add the coddled yolk and pulse a couple more times-just enough to blend it without causing the dressing to become like mayonnaise.
This will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Read NextDonatella’s Angry Chicken
2008 Elizabeth Karmel, Bob Blumer