Butterscotch Peach Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Bible
Published by Robert Rose
A roadside diner on the west coast of Florida inspired this peachy cheesecake.
NotesIf you use frozen peaches, dice while frozen and measure 1½ cups (375 mL). Let thaw, drain well and pat dry with paper towels before adding to cake.
A thick caramel sauce for ice cream is the easiest to work with. It should mound on a spoon when you scoop it out of the jar. The thin, squeezable type will make the cake too loose. To drizzle for decorating, you can warm the sauce slightly.
Serves10 to 12
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Family Get-together
Dietary Considerationhalal, kosher, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturecheesy, creamy, fruity, rich, sweet
Type of Dishcheesecake
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 packages (each 8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 peaches, peeled (see Notes) and diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) thick caramel sauce (see Notes)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Classic Whipped Cream Topping
- ¼ cup (50 mL) thick caramel sauce
- 9-inch (23 cm) cheesecake pan, ungreased, or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5 cm) sides, greased
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Crust: In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
Filling: In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sour cream and brown sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in flour until blended. Fold in peaches, caramel sauce and vanilla by hand.
Pour over frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating or serving.
Decoration: Ice top of cake with Classic Whipped Cream Topping or pipe rosettes around top of cake, if desired. Drizzle caramel sauce in a bull’s-eye pattern on top.
Read NextTranslucent Sugar Glaze
2008 George Geary