Butter and Cheese Noodles
Why serve plain pasta when a little cheese and butter give noodles so much more flavor? I rarely serve kota kapama without these rich, savory noodles. Because at my house pasta, butter, and pecorino are always on hand, I sometimes make a simple dinner from these noodles and a big green salad.
Serves4 to 6
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Recipe Coursemain course, side dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, halal, kosher, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturebuttery, cheesy, salty
Type of Dishdry pasta, pasta
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 1½ teaspoons
- 10 ounces egg noodles, elbow macaroni, penne, or rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated sheep’s cheese (kasseri or pecorino), plus ½ cup for serving
- ¼ teaspoon freshly, ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of the salt and the pasta and cook until al dente, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the drained pasta and the 3 tablespoons grated cheese. Season with the remaining salt and the pepper and toss well.
Top with the remaining cheese and serve hot.
2004 Catherine Cora