Bok Choy Salad
Introduce yourself to this versatile Chinese white cabbage, a leafy green vegetable, found in mainstream groceries for this innovative salad that everyone will surprisingly enjoy.
A fail/winter member of the cabbage family, the flavor of bok choy is mild and slightly sweet with a gentle hint of cabbage. Only 30 calories a cup and good source of vitamins C and A and calcium
Recipe CourseAppetizer, Side Dish
Dietary ConsiderationEgg-free, Gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, Lactose-free, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Taste and TextureCrisp, Fruity, Nutty, Savory
Type of DishFirst Course Salad, Salad
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, cleaned and chopped or sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 In large bowl, combine bok choy, green onions, almonds and mandarin oranges.
2 In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. Toss salad with dressing and serve.
2010 Holly Clegg