Blonde Chicken Stock
Blonde stocks definitely have more fun.
Total Timeunder 2 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Dietary Considerationhealthy, kosher, lactose-free, low calorie, low carb, low-fat, peanut free, tree nut free
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Type of Dishstock
- 2 pounds chicken backs and necks
- 12 cups mineral or filtered water
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
Combine all the ingredients in a large stockpot.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
Strain the stock and discard solids.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Read NextGreen Tomato Pie
1999 Carla Ruben, Bob Spiegal, and Peter Siegal