Beet and Feta Cheese Salad
Pink and perfectly seasoned, this salad is pretty served over fresh, tender spring greens.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together, Formal Dinner Party
Recipe Courseappetizer, main course, side dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, peanut free, soy free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturesweet, tangy
Type of Dishsalad, vegetable
- 4 beets, cooked and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion 60 mL
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley 60 mL
- ¼ cup chopped dates 60 mL
- ¼ cup sliced figs 60 mL
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil 45 mL
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar 15 mL
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves 5 mL
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary 5 mL
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese 60 mL
- ¼ cup slivered toasted almonds 60 mL
In a salad bowl, toss together beets, red onion, parsley, dates and figs.
In a small jar with a lid or small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, thyme and rosemary. Shake or whisk to mix well.
Pour dressing over salad ingredients. Toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with feta and almonds and serve immediately.
2011 Pat Crocker