Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursemain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturemeaty, rich, savory
- 4 filet mignon steaks (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 lugs of olive oil
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 generous cup sour cream
- 1 gherkin pickle, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dust the steaks with the flour and paprika. Heat a pan and add half the oil and butter.
When the butter is foaming, sear the steaks in the pan – cook for 2 minutes on each side and remove to a plate.
To make the sauce, add the rest of the oil and butter to the pan and gently fry the onion, garlic, thyme and mushrooms for 4 minutes.
Add the brandy to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes. To finish the sauce, add the sour cream, chopped gherkin and steaks.
Heat through and season to taste. Slice each steak thinly and spoon over the sauce. Delicious served with rice and green beans.
2016 Jamie Oliver