This fragrant herb sauce also serves as a seductive complement to meats and fish.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecheesy, garlicky, herby, umami
Type of Dishsauces
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or shelled pistachios
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse until minced the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil in a steady stream and process until emulsified,
Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate, until ready to serve, up to 5 days.
2005 Lou Seibert Pappas