Welcome to Cookstr.com, the world’s #1 collection of cookbook recipes available online!
Cookstr’s mission is to organize the world‘s best cookbooks and recipes and make them universally accessible.
We are setting the standard for innovation in the delivery of 100% trusted, tested, recipes to home cooks around the world. Our online recipe library offers thousands of recipes by hundreds of the top chefs and cookbook authors, that are free for everyone on Cookstr.com. This year alone, Cookstr.com powered recipe searches in over 20,000 cities and 200 countries!
History & Management Team
Cookstr was founded in New York City in 2008 by Will Schwalbe, and launched together with Katie Workman, Art Chang and the Tipping Point Partners team.
Will Schwalbe, Founder and Chairman of the Board. Will left his job as SVP and Editor in Chief of Hyperion Books to found Cookstr. Prior to joining Hyperion, he worked at William Morrow. He is the author of BOOKS FOR LIVING, published in 2017, and THE END OF YOUR LIFE BOOK CLUB, published in October 2012. He also wrote a book called SEND: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do it Better (Knopf, 2007, 2008) with David Shipley. He is currently EVP, Editorial Development and Content Innovation at Macmillan, which now owns Cookstr. His favorite dish is Peking duck.
In 2012, Cookstr partnered with Prime Publishing to publish the Cookstr website and newsletter.
Quick Facts about Prime Publishing
Our goal is to provide five minutes of fun every day in the life of a home cook, as well as quick and easy weekly meal solutions no matter the occasion.
- More than 34 million monthly page views by home cooks, crafters, and DIYers.
- More than 5.1 million email newsletter subscribers.
- 50+ websites that cover everything from knitting and crochet to food and wine!
- More than 5 million followers/subscribers on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
- In-house video studio, two test kitchens, and 20+ full-time editors show our commitment to creating quality content.
- Proud publisher of Wildfowl Carving magazine, Rug Hooking magazine, plus I Like Knitting, I Like Crochet, and We Like Sewing digital magazines.
Contact Us: For more questions about Cookstr, our newsletters, or our recipes, check out our Contact Us page.
FAQs: Still can't find what you're looking for? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Connect with Us
About Our Free eNewsletters
No matter what your skill level is, you’ll be cooking like a pro in no time at all with these trusted and tested recipes from some of the world’s best and most popular chefs.
Cookstr Recipe of the Day
Get recipes from the world’s most famous chefs and restaurants every day of the week.
The Giveaway Gazette
Find out about all of the newest giveaways featured on all of Prime Publishing's sister sites. Each week there are more than 36 different contests you can enter, featuring prizes like cookware, yarn, kitchen gadgets, and more!
About Prime Publishing
Prime Publishing LLC is a leader in building multi-platform brands that inform, inspire, and engage consumer audiences. Meeting at the intersection of information and engagement, and powered by innovation, the Prime Publishing brands span digital websites, email newsletters, social media, and e-commerce. Our diverse group of cooking and crafting properties allows consumers to enjoy the content they desire on their desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, and more.
We Care: We love to give back to our community whenever we can. Over the years, we have worked with organizations such as Project Linus, American Heart Association, Warm Up America, Rush University Medical Center, Help Heal Veterans, Feed My Starving Children, and the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Learn more about our charity work here.
Awards & Recognition:
- YouTube's Silver Creator Award Winner: Our sister property, AllFreeCrochet, was our first property to receive YouTube's Silver Creator Award. This is awarded to YouTube channels that reach or surpass 100,000 subscribers. Learn more about this major milestone here.
- Mequoda's Rocket Award Winner: Many of our of properties over the years have received Mequoda's Rocket Award. The Rocket Award annually recognizes and honors the fastest growing media properties. Learn more about this achievement here.
Proud Members and Supporters of