Zucchini Stir-Fried With Garlic
This stir fry zucchini will add new flavors to your summer meals.
Published by Knopf
Editor's Note: When life hands you zucchini, make this recipe for Zucchini Stir-Fried With Garlic! This easy vegetarian recipe can be served as either a side dish or main course. After you stir fry the zucchini, serve each portion on a bed of rice. The six-ingredient squash recipe uses plenty of zucchini, so keep this recipe in mind if your backyard yields an abundance of this produce. When making this zucchini stir fry, get cooking by using your wok. It will make a difference! The recipe's author has included tips on how to serve this recipe the next day, too.
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Occasional Fresco, Buffet, Casual Dinner Party, Family Get Together
Recipe CourseMain Course, Side Dish, Vegetable
Taste and TextureCrisp, Garlicky, Light, Savory
Type of DishVegetable
- 1½ pounds small (about 6 inches) zucchini
- About 2¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon shao hsing wine or dry sherry
More Zucchini Recipes from Cookstr.com
If you love zucchini, be sure to check out our big list of zucchini recipes to try. This collection includes recipes like:
1. Spaghetti Squash with Zucchini, Garlic, and Tomato Sauce
2. Roasted Zucchini and Mint Salad
3. Fried Zucchini Blossoms
Check it out: 20 Easy Zucchini Side Dishes for Every Meal
Trim away the zucchini ends. Do not peel the zucchini. Cut each zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Lay each slice down on a cutting board and, with a sharp pointed knife, cut it into ¼-inch-wide strips. These strips may now be cut so they are about 2½ inches in length.
Put the strips in a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of the salt and mix well.
Set aside for 15 minutes. Drain and pat as dry as possible in a dish towel.
Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, put in the garlic. Stir and fry for a few seconds until the garlic has browned lightly.
Put in the zucchini. Stir and fry for about 3 minutes or until the zucchini has just cooked through but still retains some crispness. Add the sugar and stir quickly.
Add the shao hsing by pouring it around the edges of the wok and letting it slither down toward the zucchini.
Stir again and serve immediately.
Or if you wish to eat it cold, spread it out on a large plate as soon as it is cooked and let it cool off. Then put it in a covered container and refrigerate it.
Stir Fry Ideas from Cookstr.com
There's nothing quite like making a yummy stir fry for dinner! Check out even more stir-fried ideas for dinner below!
- Stir-Fried Chinese Egg Noodles with Shrimp and Asian Greens
- Broccoli, Chicken and Quinoa Stir-Fry
- Beef, Tomato, and Pepper Stir-Fry
- Chicken, Ginger and Cashew Stir-Fry with Coconut Noodles
- Stir-Fried Beef with Tomato and Basil
- Broccoli and Walnut Stir Fry
- Sesame-Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- Chicken, Basil, and Peanut Stir-Fry
- Stir-Fried Chicken with Mango
- Spicy Tofu and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Read NextBraised Sauerkraut
1981 Madhur Jaffrey