Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
Learn how to bake zucchini perfectly with this simple and cheesy recipe.
Editor's Note: Learn how to bake zucchini to perfection with this simple recipe. Baked Zucchini with Parmesan is a cheesy and flavorful side dish recipe that anyone will enjoy making. This is one of the easiest vegetable side dish recipes you will ever make because it can be made in only 20 minutes with five ingredients. Halved zucchini are seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper before getting topped with a scrumptious combination of Parmesan cheese and minced garlic. The Parmesan zucchini are then baked until golden brown and tender.
Serve this Baked Zucchini with Parmesan alongside chicken, beef, or fish for an amazing meal. Are you more in the mood for a lighter dinner? This oven-roasted zucchini could be served with crusty bread for a quick, tasty, and light meal.
If you're overwhelmed with the number of zucchini growing in your yard, then you'll want to keep this easy zucchini recipe in mind! Save some time by making part of this recipe in advance, too.
This is a tasty, easy side dish. Good with roast leg of lamb, lamb chops, or baked cod.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking MethodBaking, Oven
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Formal Dinner Party
Recipe CourseMain Course, Side Dish, Vegetable
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and TextureCheesy, Savory, Umami
Type of DishGratin, Vegetable
- 4 small zucchini, washed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange the zucchini, cut sides up, in an ovenproof dish large enough to hold them in a single layer. Lightly brush with the olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper. Mix the Parmesan and garlic together, then sprinkle over the zucchini.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender and the cheese is browned.
Step 1 can be prepared several hours in advance.
More Zucchini Recipes
If you like zucchini, you'll LOVE these recipes! From classic recipes to new ideas for dinner, these zucchini recipes are easy to make and will be a tasty addition to your dinner table.
1. Quick and easy to make, this recipe can be served as a side dish or even as a light main course. Consider making this recipe in those first cool days of fall -- Zucchini and Tomato Gratin.
2. You'll rise and shine with this healthy frittata! This six-egg frittata can be made for a special weekday breakfast, or served for brunch this weekend for family and friends -- Zucchini Frittata.
3. If your garden is full of zucchini blossoms, don't let them go to waste! Stuff the blossoms with a luscious blend of cheeses before dipping them in batter and frying them -- Fried Zucchini Blossoms.
4. (Pictured) You can't go wrong with such a classic quick bread recipe. If you are inundated with zucchini, then consider making a few loaves of this recipe. Stick the extra loaves in the freezer so you can enjoy them later! Zucchini Bread
Read NextCottage Pie
2008 Dorling Kindersley