A great dish to barbecue. Caution: soak skewers for 30 mins.
Preparation Time20 min
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Game Day
Recipe CourseMain Course
Taste and TextureCreamy, Garlicky, Herby, Hot & Spicy, Meaty, Savory, Smoky
Type of DishSkewer
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed hot red pepper
- 1½ lb (675g) skinless boneless turkey breasts, cut into 1 in (2.5cm) cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 in (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 in (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 in (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 6 wooden skewers
Combine the soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a zippered plastic bag. Add the turkey and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the broiler. Thread the turkey, peppers, and zucchini onto skewers. Broil for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Mix the yogurt, mint, and cumin; serve with the kebabs.
2008 Dorling Kindersley